You’ll find a pack of their award-winning, deliciously crunchy chickpeas in our September Lifebox! Get your box here!
If you can manage to not wolf them down as soon as you open the box (you’ve done a better job than us), check-out the recipe below created by the fantastic @hungrygirlsdiaries
Pesto Stuffed Arancini
*Makes 14-16 medium sized arancini balls* Gluten-Free & Vegan
500g Lemon, pea & basil risotto (or any vegan risotto) 100g BRAVE Chickpeas & 50g pistachios (or any nut of your choosing!) 100g Plain flour (We used Dove Farms GF plain flour) 75ml Plant milk 80-100g Pesto (We did a homemade pistachio and basil one) Neutral Cooking oil (For frying) Lemon wedges (To serve)
1) Heat up 6cm of oil in a large pan on medium heat to about 180°C.
2) Blitz up the chickpeas and nuts together in a blender and pour into a bowl.
3) Then pour flour into another bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour milk into another bowl.
4) Using a dessertspoon, scoop the risotto into a ball in your hand. Press your thumb into the ball, creating a well to stuff with pesto (about half a teaspoon should do it). Cover the top with more risotto and roll into a ball.
5) First coat the ball with flour, then with milk and finish by rolling in the chickpea and nut mixture.
6) Carefully place 3-4 balls into the oil at a time. (Don’t overcrowd as it lowers the temperature of the oil). Cook for around 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy!