Qnola Topped Breakfast Smoothie – Vegan Snack Recipe
Check out this easy breakfast and healthy snack from Qnola, it’s definitely one of our favourites. It takes just as long as a smoothie to make, and tastes ten times better than your average yoghurt or milk. The cashews are high in healthy fats and protein and the sweet potato provides incredible fibre, as well as antioxidants and essential vitamins making this healthy snack decadent and guilt free! If you’re looking for a yummy subscription gift for the foodie in your life, find Qnola in our carefully curated Marie Claire box.
200g raw cashew nuts
2 tbsp of tinned coconut milk (using the solid part only)
¼ cup almond or coconut milk
1 cup sweet potato, chopped and steamed
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp maca
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Qnola of choice, for topping
- Place the cashew nuts into a blender and add the solid part of the coconut milk, your nut milk of choice, the vanilla, salt, maca, cinnamon and blend for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Add the sweet potato and more milk or a little water if the mixture is too thick to blend smoothly. Add the coconut oil, then blend for a further 2-3 minutes on a high speed, until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve with Qnola of choice and any berries, nuts or seeds you like.
- + Add a shot of espresso or cold brew coffee for a sweet macchiato variation
- + Add 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder for a chocolate version
You can find more recipes from Qnola here.